Vision and Mission of MEAHI
The Middle East Association for Health Informatics (MEAHI) is the premier professional association to advance and advocate the use of information & communication technologies at every level in the delivery of healthcare and medical services in the Middle East region specially in the countries of the WHO-EMR specification.
The mission of the Middle East Association for Health Informatics (MEAHI) is to facilitate continuous quality improvement in health through advocating and advancing the use of advanced information & communication technologies throughout the Middle East region ( in the countries, which are in domain of activities of WHO-EMRO ).
- To Serve as an autonomous Middle East regional body of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) so as to promote the work and activities of IMIA among countries in the region
- Heighten awareness amongst Middle East healthcare professionals & to also raise public awareness with respect to Biomedical/Health Informatics usage in the community health improvement
- Promote Biomedical/Health Informatics as a viable and respected profession in the region
- To foster enhanced collaboration and establish relationships with relevant organizations world wide
- To further foster and enhance research, development, and the diffusion and dissemination of Biomedical/Health Informatics to solve healthcare issues and lend their weight to the continuous quality improvement process in the healthcare industry in this region
- To serve as an authoritative body in the field of Biomedical/Health Informatics and to provide local representation in international-related forums
- To strengthen and support Biomedical/Health Informatics activities in the region. As a leading Health Informatics Association, it brings together a professional association solely devoted to Medical/Health Informatics, and will benefit from the accompanying of recognized world leaders that have made major contributions to field.
- As leading professional association in the region ,it will promote Biomedical/Health Informatics training in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and on-job training
- As a leading professional organization , which connects the Academia with industry and governments in the field in the region
- Assist in the coordination of Biomedical/Health Informatics-related activities with international organizations and institutes
- Plan and conduct domestic scientific, technical, and educational meetings and programs with respect to the Biomedical/Health Informatics field to make its strategic plan a reality till 2012 “ Better Health Through the Better Information : The Agenda for the Middle East 2012 and beyond “Fosters the intra-discipline liaisons across the spectrum between those involved in the healthcare field and those involved in the field of information & communication technologies
- As a leading regional validated association , distributes the educational materials about the Biomedical/Health Informatics field
- Represents Middle East in the world of Biomedical/ Health Informatics
- Engages in holding scientific, technical and educational forums in the field of Biomedical/Health Informatics
- Provides a medium for the exchange of ideas, development of problem-solving skills, and coordinated action with respect to Biomedical/Health Informatics.
- Provides a locus for the development of regional Biomedical/Health Informatics standards involving collaboration with recognized international bodies
- Provide a locus for the development of regional Health Information Strategy involving collaboration with experts around the world
- To serve in an advisory role to the regional governments , organizations and institutes in a project management & consulting role
- To stimulate, conduct, and sponsor research into the application & evaluation of Biomedical/Health Informatics with the involvement of world experts
- Provide world class proposals that will serve to attract needed funding for implementation of regional & national Biomedical/Health Informatics projects utilizing international donations targeted for that specific purpose
Dr.Ramin Moghaddam, MEAHI Founding President
Last updated on December 15 2012